This time line is intended to reflect milestones in Firecoach production which spans 34 years. It is not intended to reflect that of the entire Crown Coach Corporation.
1951 Construction of first Firecoach, F1001, begins.
1954 F1001 is purchased by the West Covina, California Fire Dept.
1954 F1009 is the first Firecoach built with a factory enclosed cab, built for American Fork, Utah.
1955 F1042 is the first of three water tenders to be built by Crown. Built for the city of Huntington Beach, this is also the first piece built that was not a regular pumper and also the first piece of three axle apparatus to be built by Crown.
1956 Crown builds a two axle tractor, F1067, to tow a 1943 American La France aerial trailer for Santa Monica.
1961 Crown forms a partnership with the Snorkel Corporation and builds the first Snorkel, F1221, for Elko, Nevada. F1222 is subsequently built for Snohomish County, WA and is the first wholly built Firecoach Snorkel.
1961 F1223 was the only three axle tractor built by Crown. Commissioned by the Los Angeles City Fire Dept to pull a dozer transport.
1963 F1290 is the first Firecoach built with a 4-door cab. Commissioned by the Los Angeles County Fire Dept for evaluation purposes, this rig was also the first Firecoach to be built with an automatic transmission.
1964 F1357 is the first diesel powered Firecoach completed by Crown and delivered to the Vernon Fire Department.
1966 Crown forms a partnership with Maxim Motors and builds its first aerial ladder truck for San Diego in the form of a tractor-drawn aerial, F1472.
1966 F1475 is the first straight ladder truck built. Commissioned by Watsonville, California, it featured a mid-mount aerial.
1967 F1494 is the first and only wrecker built by Crown, commissioned by the Los Angeles City Fire Department.
1969 Snorkel introduces the Squrt and TeleSqurt. Crown builds its first Squrt, F1580, as a demonstrator and later sells it to Lemon Grove, California
1969 F1591 is the first rear-mount aerial ladder truck built by Crown for the city of Mountain View, California.
1970 F1633 is the first TeleSqurt built by Crown for Palm Springs, California.
1977 F1778 is the first Firecoach to feature the all new Wide Cab design developed by Crown. After further testing and evaluation, it was sold to Rubidoux, California.
1979 F1803 is the last Firecoach built using the standard cab. Completed in the form of a TeleSqurt, it was sold to the city of Glendale, California.
1982 Firecoach production formally draws to a close with F1869 built for Santa Ana, California being the last piece of apparatus completed.
1984-85 Firecoach production is briefly revived when Crown forms a partnership with Van Pelt Fire Apparatus. Five cabs and chassis were built by Crown and shipped to Van Pelt for completion. A sixth cab and chassis was in the process of being completed with a body by Crown when the project was dropped. This sixth rig was never completed.