|San Diego Fire Department
|The San Diego Fire Department was chartered as a paid department on August 5,
1889 with 41 men. Today the dept. serves a population of over 1.3 million and an
area of 331 square miles with 46 stations and over 1,200 paid personnel.
Over the years, San Diego purchased 9 pieces of apparatus from Crown in
various configurations including the first and last tractor-drawn aerials completed
by Crown all of which are shown below.