|This Crown Firecoach pumper was purchased by the Orange County Fire Department in 1967 and carries serial number F1526. She was originally powered with a Hall-Scott 1091 gasoline motor with a Spicer 5-speed manual transmission. F1526 was rebuilt by the County in 1987 where she received fresh paint and chrome and was repowered with a Detroit Diesel 6v92TA while retaining her original manual transmission. She is equipped with a Waterous 1,250gpm pump and a 500 gallon water tank. F1452 was assigned to Yorba Linda Station 10 where she was Engine 9110. In the mid-80s, F1526 was assigned to Station 13 in La Palma. In 1987 after being rebuilt, it was assigned to the relief pool as E923.
Upon retirement in 2000, F1526 was donated by the Orange County Fire Authority to the Orange County Fire Services Association. The OC Fire Services Association uses this rig as a public education ambassador visiting local schools as well as making many other appearances on a regular basis.
|Created May 21, 2008|
|Click here to see more apparatus from the
Orange County Fire Authority