|Engine 1 serving the City Terrace area east of downtown Los Angeles is a 1956 Crown. She was the fourth identical rig received
of an order for twelve that the Los Angeles County Fire Department received in 1956. All were originally built with open cabs
and fitted with a 1,250gpm Waterous pump, 500 gallon water tank and equipped with PTO powered 150gpm Byron Jackson
high pressure pumps. Pictured here is F1057 after she had her cab enclosed in the early 70s. She is powered with a Hall-Scott
935 gasoline motor paired with a Fuller 5-speed manual transmission. F1057 was assigned LA County Shop number 49126.
|Created May 19, 2010