|Los Angeles City Fire Department Wagon 1 is a 1967 Crown Firecoach, serial number F1462. When new, F1462 was
assigned to Station 37 in Westwood where she served as Wagon 37. She was later reassigned to Station 1 in Lincoln Heights
where she was in service as Wagon 1 for the majority of her career. As built, F1462 was powered by a Hall-Scott 1091
gasoline motor paired with a Spicer 5-speed manual transmission. F1462 is also fitted with a Waterous 1,500gpm pump and
400 gallon water tank and carried LA City Shop number 60196. She was later repowered by the City Shops with a Cummins
NTC-350 diesel motor in the late 80s and was fitted with a fiberglass canopy and new lightbar in the early 90s. Towards the
end of her career, she was assigned to Station 88 in Sherman Oaks.
|Created July 26, 2009
|Upon retirement from the LAFD, she went into service at the Follows Camp Fire Department in the Angeles National Forest.
She was sold on eBay in 2007 and was purchased by Collector Steve Gilbert and no resides in Maryland. Although much
work remains to be done, F1462 made an appearance at the Firehouse Expo in Baltimore in July 2009.