The Firecoach pumper was originally purchased by the City of Downey in 1957.  This was the fourth of four identical rigs
purchased from Crown by Downey that year.  Carrying serial number F1112, she is powered by a Hall-Scott 935 gasoline
motor with a Fuller 5-speed manual transmission and fitted with a Waterous 1,250gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank.
By 1980, F1112 was already retired by Downey and had been acquired by the San Diego County Fire Department.  She
was repainted lime yellow and had a canopy added over the cab and was placed into service in the community of Jamul.  
She was retired by San Diego Co. in 2004 and was last seen languishing on a used car lot in Escondido.
Created January 15, 2010