|The Covina Fire Department purchased Engine 4 new in 1957. She is fitted with a Waterous 1,250gpm pump with
500 gallon water tank and powered by a Hall-Scott 935 gasoline motor with a Fuller 5-speed manual transmission.
She carries Crown Coach serial number F1079. She was retired in the late 80s and was purchased by a collector.
She exchanged hands several times, being owned by Greg Marsh when she received this interesting refurbishment
seen in the photo below. She was ultimately acquired by firefighter Jim Mihalka. Jim is a longtime resident of the City
of Covina and owns the first and last Crowns purchased by the City.
|Created October 28, 2009