|This was the first Firecoach purchased by the Corona Fire Department in 1959. She served as Engine 1 and 2 respectively before becoming a reserve. As built, she was painted red and had hard suction hoses where the high horizontal compartments are pictured. She later had crosslays added with the fiberglass roof and received a coat of white paint at that time. She carries serial number F1150 and is powered by a Hall-Scott 590 gasoline motor paired with a manual transmission and is fitted with a Waterous 1,000gpm pump and 400 gallon tank. She was later repowered with a Detroit Diesel 8v53 motor. Corona retired this rig in 1991 and she continues to serve Mexicali, Mexico.
Special thanks to Battalion Chief Chris Cox for providing information on this rig.
|Updated September 24, 2008|
|Click here to see other apparatus from the
Corona Fire Department