|The Los Angeles City Fire Department purchased several of these Patrol units in 1959 from Crown. All were identical Ford
F-350 trucks powered with V-8 gasoline motors with manual transmissions. They were fitted with PTO driven Byron-Jackson
150gpm pumps, 100 gallon water tanks with Crown built bodies. The primary purpose of these units was brush patrol in the
mountainous areas that fell within the city limits. Unlike the previous 2 orders for patrol units from Crown, these were not
assigned Crown serial numbers. The unit pictured here carried LA City Shop number 60045.
|Created March 6, 2011