|The Los Angeles City Fire Department purchased six of these Patrol units in 1957 from Crown. All six were identical Ford
F-350 trucks powered with V-8 gasoline motors with manual transmissions. They were fitted with PTO driven Byron-Jackson
150gpm pumps with 100 gallon water tanks. The primary purpose of these units was brush patrol in the mountainous areas that
fell within the city limits. The Patrol pictured here carries Crown Coach serial number F1091 and LA City Shop number 26859.
|Created August 2, 2009